Urban Regeneration in the UK: Theory and Practice
The urban landscape of the UK is undergoing its most dramatic transformation since post-war reconstruction. This volume is a systematic guide to that transformation that draws together a mass of information - from policy reports to academic studies - into a single coherent text. Examining key aspects of the process from first principles, Urban Regeneration in the UK:
- introduces and contextualises the UK urban regeneration agenda
- brings together state-of-the-art research around key themes in governance, sustainability, competition, and design
- uses case studies of UK contemporary regeneration projects
- combines academic and theoretical explorations whilst linking theory and practice
- includes pedagogical features of key learning points, useful websites, a glossary and further reading
Aimed at those studying and working in the field of urban regeneration and planning, Urban Regeneration in the UK provides a highly readable introduction to urban regeneration for undergraduates, post-graduates, and practitioners.