Tailored specifically for students new to the daunting field of literary theory, Fred Botting's Gothic is a clear and welcome introduction to the study of this compelling genre. This lucid, easy-to-follow guide:
* Explains the transformations of the genre through history
* Outlines all the major figures which define the genre, such as ghosts, monsters and vampires
* Charts key texts over two centuries
* Traces origins of the form
* Looks at the cultural and historical location of gothic images and texts
* Provides a succinct introduction to the field which is also an excellent foundation for further study.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.