Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Professor Edward Craig, Edward Craig
Routledge, Jan 11, 2013 - Philosophy - 1064 pages
The most complete and up-to-date philosophy reference for a new generation, with entries ranging from Abstract Objects to Wisdom, Socrates to Jean-Paul Sartre, Ancient Egyptian Philosophy to Yoruba Epistemology.
The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy includes:
* More than 2000 alphabetically arranged, accessible entries
* Contributors from more than 1200 of the world's leading thinkers
* Comprehensive coverage of the classic philosophical themes, such as Plato, Arguments for the Existence of God and Metaphysics
* Up-to-date coverage of contemporary philosophers, ideas, schools and recent developments, including Jacques Derrida, Poststructuralism and Ecological Philosophy
* Unrivalled international and multicultural scope with entries such as Modern Islamic Philosophy, Marxist Thought in Latin America and Chinese Buddhist Thought
* An exhaustive index for ease of use
* Extensive cross-referencing
* Suggestions for further reading at the end of each entry
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
aesthetic analysis argued arguments Aristotelian Aristotle Averroism belief Boethius Buddhist Cambridge University Press Chinese Christian claim classical cognitive concepts concern Confucian contemporary critical critique cultural Daoist David Descartes discussion distinction doctrine epistemic epistemology essays ethics example existence experience explain feminist Greek Hegel human idealism ideas important Indian influence influential intellectual interpretation introduction Islamic philosophy issues Jewish Jewish philosophy John Kabbalah Kant knowledge language Latin legal positivism Leibniz liberation linguistic logic London Maimonides Marxism mathematics meaning medieval medieval philosophy mental metaphysics mind modern moral nature neo-Confucian Neoplatonic objects philo philosophy Further reading philosophy of mind physical Platonism principles problems questions rational reason relation religion religious Renaissance role Russian scepticism scientific semantics sense social sophy texts theology theoretical theory things thinkers thought tion tradition trans translation truth understanding vols Western writings York