, May 20, 2010
- 352 pages
- Our Frommer's Tokyo author has written about Japan for years, so she's able to provide valuable insights and advice. She'll steer you away from the touristy and the inauthentic and show you the real heart of the Land of the Rising Sun.
- This is a comprehensive guide to a fast-paced and often overwhelming city. You'll get complete and clear directions to navigate Tokyo's best neighborhoods, from the swanky shops in the Ginza district to the Imperial Palace (home of Japan's emperor) in the Hibiya district; to the sumo wrestling stadiums in the town of Ryogoku; to the elaborate "lolita" (baby doll) and "cosplay" (anime character) outfits you'll see teenagers wearing in the Harijuku district.
- You'll get a spectrum of options, from business hotels to traditional Japanese inns, from restaurants serving exquisite kaiseki feasts to stand-up noodle houses, from tranquil gardens and temples to the incredible swirl of nightlife in Shinjuku and Roppongi.
- Includes a handy glossary of everyday expressions and menu terms, and our unique and indispensable Japanese character translations to help you spot establishments' signs.
- Features side trips to Kamakura, Nikko, Mashiko, Yokahama, Mount Fuji, and more.