Master the structure and function of the normal human brain and spinal cord with this state-of-the-art, beautifully illustrated atlas! This thoroughly updated new edition features more than 450 full-color photographs that demonstrate the gross, histologic, and imaging appearance of central nervous system anatomy. Readers will clearly understand how each structure functions as well as how it relates to other parts of the brain and spinal cord.
- Features a unique collection of exclusively human material throughout the book.
- Makes complex information easier to understand with summary boxes under each major heading... highlighting of clinical correlates...and better cross-referencing between the illustrations and text.
- Organizes material into two parts: the first focusing on the morphology of the brain and spinal cord; the second on the functional relationships between these structures.
- An enhanced presentation of chemical neuroanatomy · an expanded section on Reflex Arc · more detail on the vestibular nuclei and the systems with which they interact · an updated discussion of basal ganglia circuitry · more coverage of older human fetuses brains · new MR and PET images correlated to anatomic structures · and more discussions of the clinical relevance of neuroanatomy.
- Nearly 100 new photographs plus new orientational artwork that helps readers visualize the location of selected structures within the body.