Revolution from Above: The Demise of the Soviet System
Controversially this book argues that the ruling party-state elite in the USSR itself moved to dismantle the old system. Topics discussed include:
* the beginnings of economic decline in 1975
* Gorbachev's efforts to democratize and decentralize
* the complex political battle through which the coalition favouring capitalism took power
* the flaws in economic policies intended to rapidly build capitalism
* the surprising resurgence of Communism.
Research includes interviews with over 50 former Soviet government and Communist party leaders, policy advisors, new private businessmen, trade union leaders and intellectuals.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
All Book Search results »
Understanding the Entrepreneur: An Institutionalist Perspective
No preview available - 2004