Brilliant Food Tips and Cooking Tricks: 5,000 Ingenious Kitchen Hints, Secrets, Shortcuts, and Solutions
Come meet your new best friend in the kitchen. Introducing the big book of home-cooking secrets, fabulous food tips, simple solutions, and recipes to rave about! Whether you cook a little or a lot, plain or fancy, healthy or hearty, for your family or just for fun, this is the one book that does it all--faster and easier than you ever dreamed!
Find out how to choose the juiciest oranges, perk up limp asparagus, chop an onion with no tears, grill a steak to juicy perfection, rescue any oversalted dish, and crack an egg with one hand. Or, if you're simply tired of the same old meals night after night, discover hundreds of easy recipes that put great-tasting food on your table fast.
With this book, you can cook anything with skill, confidence, and pleasure--from a moist, juicy Thanksgiving turkey to a healthy chocolate-banana cream pie to your family's favorite chili with a delicious new twist.
Brilliant Food Tips and Cooking Tricks is the book to keep by your side whenever you cook. It's your silent partner, your creative inspiration, and your cooking emergency hotline all rolled into one! This indispensable kitchen companion contains all the practical, down-to-earth cooking wisdom that you will ever need. Learn quick new tricks and clever trade secrets. Discover dozens of recipe rescues. Put a new spin on tried-and-true dishes. Most of all, learn how to cook faster, cook smarter, and have more fun in the kitchen.
You'll find the following special features and many more in this extraordinary book:
* Over 5,000 brilliant tips on buying, storing, and preparing food; boosting flavor; cooking healthfully; saving time; rescuing failed recipes; and much more
* More than 900 simple, great-tasting recipes for home cooks
* Over 200 helpful boxes such as "How Baking Works" and "Four Ways to Flavor Pork Tenderloin"
* 170 step-by-step illustrations that teach you timesaving techniques
* More than 150 fascinating food facts and household hints
* Over 25 useful charts and tables with emergency substitutions, metric conversions, a guide to pan sizes, and much more
* The combined experience of five top cooking experts
* Easy-to-use, find-it-fast format
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - Krumbs - LibraryThing
Great overviews of how to select, prep, wash, store, etc., all sorts of foods, and also information on types of cooking and preparing, such as sections on blenders, grilling, and high-altitude cooking ... Read full review
excellent resourceUser Review - Janet L P. - Overstock.com
Not just a cookbook resource on how to store freeze etc Read full review
Other editions - View all
Brilliant Food Tips and Cooking Tricks: 5,000 Ingenious Kitchen Hints ...
David Joachim,Andrew Schloss
No preview available - 2001