Indie Rock 101: Running, Recording, Promoting Your Band
Indie Rock 101 is a clear, concise, all-in-one primer for beginning to mid-level musicians looking for the essential fundamentals behind running, recording and promoting their band. It's all the basics that can take years to collate from more specialized or technical books, magazines and websites—and it's written by a real independent musician.
* Part I, Running Your Band covers the topics most relevant to forming and running the band: the people, practice and songwriting
* Part II, Recording covers pre-production considerations, gear and how-to basics, and timeless fundamentals and techniques around recording, mixing and mastering
* Part III, Promoting covers what you need to know to establish and grow your fan base, including graphic design, your press kit and website, sharing and selling your music, playing out and making a video
Whether you're just starting out or looking for a 360-degree primer to help take your music to the next level, Indie Rock 101 is the one book that covers it all.
Featuring photos and Q&As from:
Birdmonster * CDBaby founder Derek Sivers * Juliana Hatfield * John Vanderslice * Karate * Mark Kozelek of Sun Kil Moon * Spanish for 100 * World Air Guitar Champion "Hot Lixx" Hulahan and more
* Written by music industry insider, learn from someone who has been there and succeeded
* Gives insight and need to know information on running, recording and promoting your band that is usually gained through painful experience- overcome the barriers facing your band
* Get on the runway to becoming pro, explains how to navigate the music world without a label and get your music out to the world
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
1999 Elsevier Inc adjust amp modeler and/or artists audio input device audio production band mates band members band name band’s basic bass booker cables channel click track club compression compressor cover creative demo Digital Audio Workstation drummer drums dynamic editing effects engineer Facebook fans FireWire frequency GarageBand gear Guerilla filmmaking guitar hardware headphones hear home studio ifyou ifyou’re indie rock instruments iTunes Store Juliana Hatfield keep in mind kick listening live Mark Kozelek mastering mic type MIDI mix stage monitors MP3s musicians MySpace overall pitch correction placement player playing plug-ins practice preset producer professional project studio promote recordists rehearsal reverb selling your music Shure SM57 signal singer snare someone song songwriting sound soundstage stereo Sun Kil Moon sure there’s thing today’s Turgeon typically Weezer What’s you’re you’ve