- Perfect for school reports on Costa Rica.
- Fits well into geography and social studies curricula.
- An original country map with labels that match the text is included.
- Includes an index, a glossary, and "For Further Reading" section with related books and web sites to encourage students to explore.
National Social Studies Standards, Grades K-4
- Culture: I
- Describes ways in which language, stories, folktales, etc., serve as expressions of culture and influence behavior of people living in a particular culture.
- People, Places, and Environments: III
- Interpret, use, and distinguish various representations of the earth, such as maps, globes, and photographs.
- Global Connections: IX
- Explore ways that language, art, music, belief systems, and other cultural elements may facilitate global understanding or lead to misunderstanding.
- Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Demonstrate an ability to use correct vocabulary associated with time such as past, present, future, and long ago; identify examples of change; recognize examples of cause and effect relationships.
- Power, Authority, and Governance: VI
- Give examples of how government does or does not provide for the needs and wants of people.
4 pages matching cities in this book
Results 1-3 of 4
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
An Endangered Environment
Settlement to Independence
2 other sections not shown
ancestors animal Archive area of land Atlantic Railroad bananas Bill Books brick called Caribbean lowlands Caribbean Sea Central America central plateau cities civil coast coastal coffee beans colorful Columbus Cordilleras Costa Rica Costa Rica's economy Costa Rica's forests Costa Ricans live crops dance Deady democracy descent destroyed Easter Ecotourism Endangered enjoy environment explorers export farm festivals fiestas fled grow Guardia helped Costa holidays homes Images Indians Irazu isthmus Juan Kathleen live in Costa marimba Meseta Central Mestizos monkeys Mora moun mountains Nicaragua North and South northwest numbers official language oxcart Pacific Ocean painting Palm Panama parades patron saint popular Porras President Rafael rain forests rich rural areas San Jose schools September 15 soccer South America southeast southwest Spain Spanish started Costa Stock Photography Street tains Technology Ticos celebrate tion Today Toucans Tourist trees tropical volcanoes wealth wildlife women's