AARP Crash Course in Estate Planning: The Essential Guide to Wills, Trusts, and Your Personal Legacy
Here is the absolutely essential and totally comprehensive guide to wills, trusts, estate planning, and crafting a personal legacy.
Scrutinized for accuracy by AARP’s legal specialists, this indispensable volume covers every aspect of planning an estate and creating a will. A crash course in one handy volume, the book walks readers through the entire process, from understanding the distinction between probate and nonprobate property to delegating a durable power of attorney, and from resolving possible tax issues ahead of time to safeguarding your assets.
In these pages you will find:
• comparisons of wills and simple living trusts;
• advice on guardianship and advance medical directives;
• explanations of the role and powers of a trustee—and what steps to take in the case of suspected misconduct;
• a primer on marshaling and protecting retirement assets;
• help in planning for children with disabilities;
• ideas for making sure your money stays in the family in case a spouse remarries; and much, much more.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: AARP® Crash Course in Estate Planning, Updated Edition: The Essential Guide to Wills, Trusts, and Your Personal LegacyUser Review - Goodreads
I learned after a careful reading of this book that you can never be too... careful. What you have is all you have. Protect it. No one else is going to do it for you. Think about now, five years from now... and decades down the road as well. It is truly... essential. Read full review