Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine
Mountaineers Books, 2007 - Sports & Recreation - 285 pages
* More than 80 short hikes suitable for families
* Hikes range in length from less than a mile to nearly 6 miles, with optional turn-around points
* Handy sidebars with information on animals, plants, geology, and fun activities for kids to do on the hike
* Special emphasis on trail highlights with kid appeal
* Graphic, two-color layout provides key data at a glance
Search for frogs and turtles in a pond, stay in a cabin, visit a nature center, see waterfalls, or discover abundant wildlife. Best Hikes with Kides Vermont, New Hampshire, & Maine includes these activiites for kids centered around trails that they can do and enjoy. Each outing in this guidebook highlights points of interest and opportunities for learning about nature on the trail. The hikes range in length from 1 to 6 miles round-trip, are rated easy to difficult for children, and feature optional turn-around points for tired feet.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
Best Hikes with Kids: Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine
Emily Kerr,Thomas Lewis,Cynthia Copeland
Limited preview - 2007