Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder: A Physician's Step-by-step Guide to Defeating Anorexia and Bulimia
Eating disorders require a complex combination of psychological, medical, and nutritional approaches. As a parent, you are the constant guardian of your child's health, but often the best way to extend treatment from the examining room to the living room isn't clear.
"Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder" is a hands-on, medically-based guide that tells you what you need to know about eating disorders. As the founder and director of the Adolescent Eating Disorder Parent Education and Support Program at Stanford University, Dr. Pamela Carlton has treated hundreds of children and adolescents with eating disorders as well as guided their parents through the maze of eating disorder treatments. This book offers a wealth of crucial information, including:
- Warning signs and diagnostic criteria for anorexia, bulimia, and eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS)
- Facts about the "hidden" eating disorder -- "Female Athletic Triad"
- A step-by-step plan for diagnosis, treatment options, and recovery support
- Detailed advice for putting together and successfully managing a treatment team
- The real story about insurance: what's covered, what's not, and how to fight the system
- Specific strategies for handling delicate situations, talking to your child, and accessing the most up-to-date resources
What people are saying - Write a review
Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder: A Physician's Step-by-Step Guide to Defeating Anorexia and BulimiaUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Eating disorders are complex, difficult to treat, and often life-threatening. Pediatrician Carlton (founder & director, Adolescent Eating Disorder Education & Support Program, Stanford Univ.) here ... Read full review
THE QUESTIONS EVERY PARENT ASKS
ACCEPTING THE TRUTH AND MOVING FORWARD
THE MEDICAL RISKS OF EATING DISORDERS
11 other sections not shown