Frommer's Peru Day by Day
, Feb 3, 2012
- 504 pages
Map your own adventure. Peru Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see Peru.
- Packed with 82 detailed full-color maps and more than 400 full-color photos
- 53 regional and city itineraries that will help you maximize your time while touring the country's top sights. Tour the breathtaking scenery of the Amazon, eat your way through Lima's diverse dining scene, take in the view from the top of Machu Picchu, explore the Northern Coast's best beaches, or explore historic Cusco.
- The author, a longtime Peru expert, hits all the highlights, from iconic Machu Picchu to the colorful festivals of Puno to Lima's vibrant dining scene.He's checked out all of the country's best hotels and restaurants in person, and offers authoritative, candid reviews that will help you find the choices that suit your tastes and budget.
- You'll also get coverage of shopping and nightlife in the major cities; a full chapter on Peru's rich history and culture, information on special-interest tours, and advice on planning a successful Peruvian vacation.
- The cultural “Spotlight” sections take a closer look at the most compelling aspects of Peruvian culture and include A Toast to Pisco, The Incas, and The Nasca Lines.
- Frommer's Peru Day by Day also includes a color fold-out map.