Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards agriculture American appears appointed army Billerica born Boston Cadiz Capt character church Cloudy colonies command commenced Concord Congress constitution continued Cortes Court daughter death died Dover Dunstable elected enemy England English Exeter Fair father fire Francestown French friends Governor graduated at Harvard Hampshire Harvard College holden honor Hopkinton Indians inhabitants interest Isles of Shoals John John Wentworth Judge June King labor land late laws legislature LEvi Woodbury literary lived March married Massachusetts ment Merrimack river MESHECH WEARE miles minister ministry mountains Nathaniel native New-England New-Hampshire New-York ordained passed persons Plausawa Plymouth Portsmouth preached present President prisoners province published rain received river Samuel senators Sept sermon settled settlement snow Society soon Spain spirit Stratham tion town troops wife William Yale College
243. oldal - Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him , according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
315. oldal - In all very numerous assemblies, of whatever characters composed, passion never fails to wrest the sceptre from reason. Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.
119. oldal - The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
58. oldal - It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to the house of feasting ; for that is the end of all men, and the living will lay it to his heart.
139. oldal - I know of no line that can be drawn between the supreme authority of Parliament and the total independence of the colonies...
135. oldal - This study renders men acute, inquisitive, dexterous, prompt in attack, ready in defence, full of resources. In other countries, the people, more simple and of a less mercurial cast, judge of an ill principle in government only by an actual grievance. Here they anticipate the evil, and judge of the pressure of the grievance by the badness of the principle. They augur misgovernment at a distance ; and snuff the approach of tyranny in every tainted breeze.
98. oldal - The Three Perils of Man; or War, Women and Witchcraft: A Border Romance...
295. oldal - Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.