The Traveler's Diet: Eating Right and Staying Fit on the Road
Expand your travel horizons without expanding your waistline
No matter how healthy or balanced your diet, the minute you start traveling, all bets are off. And Peter Greenberg should know. After two decades as a television correspondent (logging an average of 400,000 air miles a year), this frequent flier finally stepped on the scale and then vowed to lose seventy pounds. Now, after sharing insider secrets on hotels, airlines, and cruise ships, he tells you the secret of diet, exercise, sleep, and losing weight while on the road. Each component of the travel process is examined; the results will surprise you and help you to learn:
• What new time zones do–and don’t do–to your metabolism
• Which airports have the best/worst food.
• What to eat before flying
• The real truth about how much water to drink–and what kind
• How to work out in flight, without turbulence
• The “healthy choice” hotel menus that lie
• When to sleep and when to stay awake–some real surprises.
• How to turn your hotel room into an instant gym
• How to stay in ship-shape while actually at sea.
• Eat well without overdoing it–even in France and Italy
• How to create healthy structure with an unstructured schedule
Together with medical, fitness, nutrition experts, and aeromedicine and exercise physiology consultants, Peter Greenberg provides a practical plan that works for road warriors and leisure travelers alike. Whether you’re jetting off to Mumbai or Memphis, this entertaining guide ensures that you arrive at your destination in style and in shape.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
15 reps Airlines Airways Annette Au Bon Pain bacon bagel bike BK Veggie black bean Bon Pain breakfast Burger King butter calories cholesterol Choose Cinnabon club Concourse cream cruise day per day Deli Diet Pepsi dinner dishes dressing drinking exercise feet Terminal fitness flight ﬂights ﬂying fried garden salad Gardenburger grams grams carbohydrate grams fat grams of fat grams protein grams saturated fat grams sugar grilled veggie Hilton hold the cheese International Airport jet lag located lunch marinara sauce massage menu mile minutes nutritional offers ounces Panda Express passengers pasta peanut percent pizza hold plane potato pounds restaurants rice Roasted saturated fat servings servings sleep slice snack special meals sushi tablespoon Taco Taco Bell teaspoon there's there’s tofu tomato travelers trip vegetable vegetarian veggie burger veggie sandwich hold walk weight wich workout yoga yogurt