Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ancient answers answers returned approach apron asked body breast brethren Brother called candidate carried cause charge closing comes compass conducted constituted Craft denotes discover dispose door duty East Entered Apprentice Mason especially explained faithful Fellow-Craft Mason foot further gate gave give given grand master Hiram grip guard heart heaven holy hope human institution Jubelo Junior Deacon keep King Solomon's Temple knocks knowledge lawful lecture light living Lodge Lord manner Masonry master Hiram Abiff master mason meet mind never obligation ordered pass pass-grip position prepared present promise and swear proper questions raised receive regular represent request rest returned right hand rise round says secrets Senior Warden seven situation Solomon South square steps teach thing third tion token travelling truth twelve West Worshipful Master worthy
65. oldal - Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass; Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day.
60. oldal - Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond-tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail : because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets: Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
14. oldal - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
65. oldal - For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, And that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, And the stock thereof die in the ground ; Yet through the scent of water it will bud, And bring forth boughs like a plant But man dieth, and wasteth away : Yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
65. oldal - The TROWEL is an instrument made use of by operative masons to spread the cement which unites a building into one common mass; but we, as free and accepted Masons, are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of spreading the cement of brotherly love and affection; that cement which unites us into one sacred band, or society of friends and brothers, among whom no contention should ever exist, but that noble contention, or rather emulation, of who can best work and best agree.
17. oldal - Vouchsafe thine aid, Almighty Father of the universe, to this our present convention; and grant that this candidate for masonry may dedicate and devote his life to thy service, and become a true and faithful brother among us ! Endue him with a competency of thy Divine Wisdom, that by the secrets of our art he may be better enabled to display the Beauties of Holiness, to the honor of thy holy name ! So mote it be.
14. oldal - Most Holy and Glorious Lord God, Thou Architect of heaven and earth, Who art the giver of all good gifts and graces, and hast promised that where two or three are gathered together in Thy Name, Thou wilt be in the midst of them...
60. oldal - ... also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail : because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets...
23. oldal - Although your frequent appearance at our regular meetings is earnestly solicited, yet it is not meant that Masonry should interfere with your necessary vocations ; for these are on no account to be neglected ; neither are you to suffer your zeal for the institution to lead you into argument with those who, through ignorance, may ridicule it.
68. oldal - O that my left breast had been torn open, and tny heart and vitals taken from thence and thrown over my left shoulder, carried into the valley of Jehosapbat, and there to become a prey to the wild beasts of the field and vultures of the air, ere I had conspired the death of so good a man as our grand master Hiram Abiff.