Natural Family Living: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Parenting
For more than two decades, Mothering Magazine has been the source for sound alternatives to mainstream parenting. Now Peggy O'Mara, editor and publisher of Mothering Magazine, brings her knowledge and compassion to a compendium of never-before-published parenting wisdom -- and presents, in one convenient volume, a genuinely natural approach to raising our children.
Natural Family Living
The Mothering Magazine Guide to Parenting
An internationally renowned advocate of natural parenting, Peggy O'Mara covers a vast range of timeless and contemporary issues in detail and with authority -- from the practical to the philosophical, from preconception to adolescence:
* Embracing a conscious, conscientious pregnancy
* Natural childbirth, homebirth, and midwifery
* Attachment parenting
* Healthful eating for the whole family -- and balanced attitudes toward food and diet
* Alternative health care for children, including homeopathy, bodywork, herbal remedies, and aromatherapy
* Family matters: from discipline issues to home entertainment
* Uses and abuses of television, computers, and video games
* Approaches to sexuality
* Home schooling and alternative education.
This groundbreaking book helps parents make informed choices on cutting-edge issues as they strive to create a whole, healthy family environment. Illustrated with photos, and featuring enlightening interviews, Natural Family Living is the only guide authorized by the world's most savvy parenting publication.
What people are saying - Write a review
NATURAL FAMILY LIVING: The Mothering Magazine Guide to ParentingUser Review - Jane Doe - Kirkus
A comprehensive collection of advice for parents that reflects the philosophy of Mothering magazine. O' Mara has been the editor of Mothering for 20 years. She characterizes "natural family living" as ... Read full review
A Healthy WideAwake
chapter j Natural DrugFree Childbirth
Approaches to Sexuality
chapter is High Technology Uses
Toys and Family Values