Three leading ophthalmology experts, together with an international team of refractive surgeons, provide practical, clinically focused coverage of the latest advances in this rapidly changing field. Abundant photographs and line drawings offer step-by-step guidance on a wide range of common refractive procedures, and a DVD-included with the text-uses high-quality surgical video clips to demonstrate a variety of surgical techniques. The book's concise and practical format makes it ideal for reference in the OR.
- Utilizes a highly accessible approach emphasizing the "hands-on" application of refractive surgery techniques.
- Presents more than 400 high-quality photographs-350 in full color-that facilitate patient evaluation and technique selection.
- Addresses initial as well as ongoing management of patients.
- Includes tables of indications, preferences, hot tips, and management of complications throughout, making guidance quick and easy to access.
- Features a multi-platform DVD-ROM containing video clips demonstrating common refractive surgical techniques performed by experts figures downloadable to PowerPoint for presentations references linked to PubMed and more.
- Offers new chapters on variations in surface anatomy/topography and gender differences, as well as age and ethnic differences.
With over 75 additional contributing experts.