Entering the Stream: An Introduction to the Buddha and His Teachings
Samuel Bercholz, Sherab Chödzin, Sherab Chödzin Kohn
Shambhala, 1993 - Religion - 334 pages
The grandeur, simplicity, and freshness of the 2,500-year-old tradition of Buddhism are reflected in this collection of writings intended as a primer for newcomers to the subject as well as a reference for those familiar with Buddhism.
The selections include:
* The story of the Buddha's life.
* A concise historical background.
* Key writings of Theravada, Mahayana, Zen, and Tibetan Buddhism.
* Meditation instructions.
* A Buddhist explanation of reincarnation.
* Simple explanations of terms.
* A pictorial survey of Buddhist art and architecture.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - Czrbr - LibraryThing
Book Description: Boston Shambhala 1993. Paperback; VG. 334 pgs. Illustrated by Drawings and Photos. 4th imp edition. Binding is PB. BERCHOLZ, Samuel and Kohn, Sherab Chodzin (eds), Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - dreamseeker - LibraryThing
This is an excellent book for introducing Buddhism to Western readers. Buddhism is no more "all one thing" than Christianity is "all one thing". There are different schools of thought (different ... Read full review