What Can You Do with a Major in English: Real People, Real Jobs, Real Rewards
Your guide to glide from campus to career
You've probably never seen a help wanted ad seeking an "English major." But if you're considering majoring in English or have an English degree, don't let that discourage you. Many interesting and exciting positions are available for people with your skills--including some that will surprise you. This book gives you what you need to seize those opportunities. It goes beyond basic, generic job primers to include:
* Advice on college and curriculum choices--courses, internships, and more
* Tips to energize your job search
* Profiles of real graduates, their jobs, and how they got them
* Up-close and professional input from a publisher, journalist, speech writer, librarian, and literary agent
* Overviews of typical salary levels, hours, and work environments
* Extensive additional resources including Web sites, professional organizations, periodicals, and more
With practical information plus enlightening perspectives from professionals who have already put their English degrees to work, What Can You Do with a Major in English? helps you determine the type of job you really want. Then, whether you're just starting college, close to graduation, or already in the workforce and looking for a more rewarding position, you can make decisions that will speed you toward your career goals.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.