Let the adventure begin! Ride a camel across the sun-scorched Gobi, feast by moonlight at the bottomless lake of Uureg Nuur, and experience traditional archery and wrestling at the Naadam Festival. Escape to the ends of the earth in the footsteps of the first Mongol nomads. All you need is a strong pair of boots and this bestselling guidebook.
- Find Your Way - detailed maps and GPS coordinates for hundreds of key sites.
- Connect With The Locals and sleep in a ger, Mongolia's famous felt-tent abode - expanded reviews describe the country's best ger camps.
- Stride Across The Steppes with our inspiring itineraries through the Land of Blue Sky - witness magical monasteries and spectacular ice canyons.
- Talk The Talk - our Language chapter makes communication easy.
- Get Under The Skin of Mongolia with dedicated Culture and History chapters packed with fascinating insights and little-known facts.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
aimag capital Aimag Museum airport Altai Amarbayasgalant Khiid Arvaikheer baatar Baruun-Urt Bayan-Olgii Bayankhongor Beijing border Bulgan camel camp centre China Chinese Chinggis Khaan Choibalsan countryside Dalanzadgad Dariganga Darkhan east Erdenet gers Gobi guanz Gudamj guesthouse hiking HITCHING horse Hotel Internet Cafe jeep Kazakh Khaan Khairkhan Khan Khar Kharkhorin Khatgal Khentii Khiid Khovd Khovd city Khovsgol Nuur Khujirt kilometres lake located main road meals MIAT minivans Mon-Fri monastery Mongol monks Moron mountain Naadam Naran National Park nearby nomads Nuruu Olgii Ondorkhaan Peace Ave post office restaurant river rooms route Russian Sainshand Selenge station steppe Strictly Protected Area Sukhbaatar taxi Telecom Office temple Terelj ticket Tosontsengel tour tourist town train trip Tsagaan Tsagaannuur Tsetserleg Tuul Ulaan Ulaanbaa Ulaanbaatar Ulaangom Uliastai Uvs Nuur vehicles visa western Mongolia Zanabazar Zuunmod