Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Plain Discourses on Experimental and Practical Christianity
William Ford Vance
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
able acceptable affections Almighty Apostle believe Beloved Brethren blessed blood body called cause chapter Christian church comfort commandments consider continually contrary covenant Creator David Dear death desire Divine doubt earth enemies eternal evil experience eyes faith Father favour fear feel flesh follows give glory God's Gospel grace hand happiness hath hearts heaven Heavenly holy hope human iniquities knowledge lead less light live look Lord Jesus Christ Lord's means mind nature ness never obedience object offer ourselves Paul peace perfect persons pleasures portion possess praise pray prayer precious present privilege promises Psalm reason respect righteousness sacrifice saith salvation Saviour says Scripture seek sense sincere sins souls speak spirit strength sufferings sufficient sure thee things thou thought tion true trust truth turn unto verse worldly
264. oldal - Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child'! for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still; therefore my bowels are troubled for him: I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.
41. oldal - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
264. oldal - I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; "Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke; turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.
78. oldal - He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall; but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
3. oldal - And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness : and thou shalt know the Lord.
231. oldal - I have no pleasure in them; while the sun or the light or the moon or the stars be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain; in the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened...
6. oldal - Thou art the source and centre of all minds, Their only point of rest, eternal Word ! From thee departing, they are lost and rove At random, without honour, hope, or peace. From thee is all that soothes the life of man, His high endeavour, and his glad success, His strength to suffer, and his will to serve.
128. oldal - The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. 4 Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
271. oldal - For all things are yours ; whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come ; all are yours ; and ye are Christ's ; and Christ is God's.