The Girls' Guide to Building a Million-Dollar Business
We’ve all been told that nice girls don’t get the corner office. And they certainly don’t strike out on their own to start a million-dollar company. . . Fortunately, we all know better. As the head of the highly successful SBTV.com (Small Business Television), author Susan Solovic is an authority on making money and building a thriving business. Now in The Girls’ Guide to Building a Million-Dollar Business, she shows women how to gain the confidence and knowledge they need to become successful entrepreneurs. Featuring interviews with daring, powerhouse women like Gayle Martz, President & CEO, Sherpa’s Pet Training Company, and Taryn Rose of Taryn Rose International, Solovic offers frank advice and hard-won lessons including:
• Taking emotions out of the workplace. Make business decisions based on what is best for the company, not on your personal feelings.
• Thinking big and bold. Believe that you can be successful and be willing to announce your intentions to the world.
• Managing for growth. Hire the right people and discover the best ways to keep them.
• Never being afraid to take a chance. Boost profits by taking financial risks.
Inspiring and and unflinching, The Girls’ Guide to Building a Million-Dollar Business shows women that not only do they have the power to earn more money and control their financial destinies—they deserve to.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - gtdbizmom - LibraryThing
I loved this book and recommend buying it. The Girls’ Guide to Building a Million-dollar Business is the type of book you want to have on hand as a guidebook throughout your entrepreneurial career. It ... Read full review
I loved this book and recommend buying it.
The Girls’ Guide to Building a Million-dollar Business is the type of book you want to have on hand as a guidebook throughout your entrepreneurial career. It is broken into three sections: setting the groundwork for your million $ biz, then part two is how to grow your business and part three is about accelerating your business growth.
Natasha’s 4 favorite things about the book:
1. How Susan explains WHY you want to build a million-dollar business: personal accomplishment, able to impact the world, you can provide for your family and the families of your employees, you can help others in need, your business leadership gives you a voice that you can use for influence and you become a role model. I agree with her; it doesn’t get much better than that.
2. Susan shares that from her experience as a business leader that the two most critical factors in whether your business ever achieves a million-dollar revenue status are your confidence and your determination. That is so exciting!
3. The book is literally stuffed full of personal stories of women who have built million-dollar businesses. The readers get a direct insight into the minds of some of the most influential women in business today.
4. Girls’ Guide is written by a woman who has decades of experience building businesses and it shows. Susan shares her mistakes, her advice, her lessons with us. This is not a book on the theory of how to accomplish this business goal but the nitty-gritty on how it was done by someone who has done it.