Intranet Business Strategies
A total blueprint for planning and implementing a state-of-the-art intranet in your organization!
Intranets are an economical, easy to use, and secure way to bring the many benefits of the World Wide Web to your company. They have been proven to save cost and significantly increase productivity in major companies around the world. Yet, selling upper management on the idea of an intranet isn't always easy.
Intranet Business Strategies is for business and IT managers interested in helping their companies profit from the many advantages of a private, Web-based network. It's also a complete, step-by-step guide for all those involved in planning and implementing their organization's intranet. With the help of case studies from 13 leading companies, including JCPenney, Bell Atlantic, EDS, Texas Instruments, and Turner Broadcasting, intranet expert Mellanie Hills:
* Analyzes the advantages, disadvantages, costs, and benefits of an intranet
* Demonstrates what an intranet can do for your company
* Explores what intranets look like, who uses them, and many other practical strategic issues
* Helps you determine whether your company is ready for an intranet
* Provides you with a step-by-step plan for implementing an intranet along with detailed checklists
* Shows you how to determine and develop your infrastructure needs
* Describes the tools you'll need and how to select and acquire them
* Offers a complete plan for selling an intranet to your company including a sample presentation with web pages
* Shows how to involve all areas of your company to develop your intranet
* Highlights the lessons learned from 13 companies that have been there
* Demonstrates how to create an intranet team and includes actual meeting agendas
88 pages matching internal web in this book
Results 1-3 of 88
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
What Is an Intranet?
Why Have Organizations Created Intranets
How Will Intranets Change You and Your
11 other sections not shown
allow applications areas Bell Atlantic benefits Bookmarks Options Directory Booz Allen browser build Burlington Coat Factory catalog Chapter client/server communication copyright 1996 corporate cost create customers databases demo Directory Window Help documents e-mail easy Edit View employees facilitator faster Figure Go Bookmarks Options gopher graphics groups groupware home pages icon implement infrastructure install internal web Internet and intranet Internet model Internet Team intranet JCPenney jWeb locations lots Lotus Notes ment multimedia Netscape newsgroups Options Directory Window organization problems proprietary publishers Qo Bookmarks SAS Institute savings server share started steps subteam talk TCP/IP TESN Texas Instruments things tion Turner Broadcasting Turner Broadcasting System update user interface Web browsers web servers What's workflow World Wide Web