The Blue Laws of New Haven Colony: Usually Called Blue Laws of Connecticut; Quaker Laws of Plymouth and Massachusetts; Blue Laws of New York, Maryland, Virginia, and South Carolina. First Record of Connecticut; Interesting Extracts from Connecticut Records; Cases of Salem Witchcraft; Charges and Banishment of Rev. Roger Williams, &c.; and Other Interesting and Instructive Antiquities. Compiled by an Antiquarian
Case, Tiffany, 1838 - 336 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according aforesaid agreed allowed answer appear appointed authority bring brought called cause charge Christ Church colony committed common concerning considered constable continue corn Court damages Deputies duly enacted England established execution faith fine fined five four further give given Governor half hand Hartford hath head horse Indians Inhabitants interest judge Jurisdiction keep King land liberty live Lord Magistrates Mary Dyer master means meet minister month nature occasion offence officer ordered particular party peace penalty person plantation pounds present prison proved publick punished put to death Quakers reason receive Records refuse require respect River servant shal shillings Society suffer sufficient taken therein thereof things third tion Tobacco town true unless unto Whereas woman
287. oldal - And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul : neither said any of them that aught of the things which he possessed was his own } but they had all things common.
98. oldal - I, AB, do swear, That I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position, That princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever.
98. oldal - And I do solemnly in the presence of God profess, testify, and declare, that I do make this declaration, and every part thereof, in the plain and ordinary sense of the words read unto me, as they are commonly understood by English Protestants, without any evasion, equivocation, or mental reservation whatsoever...
128. oldal - If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them : then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him...
98. oldal - I AB do sincerely promise and swear, That I will be faithful, and bear true allegiance, to their Majesties King William and Queen Mary: So help me God.
299. oldal - And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the LORD their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.
99. oldal - Second and since his decease pretended to be and took upon himself the style and title of King of England by the name of James the Third or of Scotland by the name of James the Eighth or the style and title of King of Great Britain hath any right or title whatsoever to the crown of this realm or any other the dominions thereunto belonging.
98. oldal - I do declare, that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence, or authority ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm: So help me God.