Applied Psychometry is a core textbook on the theory and practice of psychometry for undergraduate, post-graduate, and research students of Behavioural and Social Sciences. It is designed to help students in their study of the following papers:
- B.A. Programme Psychology (Core): Psychological Assessment.
- B.A. Honours Psychology (Core): Research Method and Psychological Testing.
- M.A. Psychology: Research Methodology.
- PhD: Quantitative Methods.
- B.Ed / M.Ed./ B.P.Ed/ M.P.Ed/ MHROD/MBA(HR).
This textbook is also valuable reference material for practising human resource managers.
Applied Psychometry is unique in that it serves a dual purpose. While discussing various aspects of psychometry from an applied perspective, it also takes into account the matching theoretical orientation. The important features of the book include:
- Current issues and debates and their implications on the theory and practice of psychometry.
- An active teaching–learning interface with many examples and activities.
- Chapters on multivariate techniques like factor analysis, its applications and real data treatment.
- Construction and standardisation of scales and tests for measurement.
- An Instructor’s Manual to facilitate its use and effectiveness in an institutional set-up.
This book discusses the application of psychometry in educational, organisational, clinical and developmental settings, among others. It equips its readers with the knowledge of the latest developments in the field and offers guiding solutions to a set of selected research problems.
22 pages matching psychometric in this book
Results 1-3 of 22
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Foreword by Gregory S Kolt
Basics of Measurement Theory 3
Errors in Measurement 21
15 other sections not shown
27 per cent adjustment adults Agra anxiety Applicability assessment attitude attributes Author Availability behaviour calculate Chadha class interval Concurrent validity Construct validity Content validity correlation coefficient correlation matrix covariances creativity criterion cumulative frequency difficulty level dimensions educational Eigen value emotional equal error of measurement evaluation example extracted factor analysis factor loadings factor matrix Figure formula given Grades indicates individual INFP intelligence interpretation Inventory item analysis Lmvc means mental method Name National Psychological Corporation norms number of factors number of items obtained organisation parallel forms parallel tests person positive loading Power Test predictive problem Psychological Corporation psychological tests psychologist psychometric questions range Raven's Progressive Matrices relationship Reliability and validity reliability coefficient responses rotated factor sample Scale significant loadings social Source Speed Test Split-half reliability standard deviation standard error standard score standardised statistical Table test scores Test-retest reliability testee traits validity coefficient verbal versus zero