Holman Quicksource Guide to Christian Apologetics
In today's pluralistic society, not every approach to sharing the gospel will work with all people. Being ready to give reasons for the hope we have in Christ means understanding the contextual framework of the people we are addressing.
In the Holman QuickSource Guide to Christian Apologetics, Renaissance man Doug Powell defends the Christian faith in a new key; taking timehonored approaches in apologetics and freshly presenting them for a new generation.
1. What Is Apologetics?
2. The Cosmological Argument for God's Existence
3. The Teleological Argument for God's Existence
4. The Axiological Argument for God's Existence
5. Which God Exists?
6. Where Did the New Testament Come From?
7. Is the New Testament Reliable?
8. ExtraBiblical Evidence for Jesus
9. Is the Old Testament Reliable?
10. The Fulfillment of Prophecy
11. What About Miracles?
12. Was Jesus Raised from Death?
13. Did Jesus Claim to Be God? Is He the Only Way?
14. How can God allow Evil, Pain, and Suffering?
What people are saying - Write a review
Well written and well documentedUser Review - darrellb - Overstock.com
This book was quite helpful. It offered very definitive arguments historically cosmologically Kalam teleologically and also investigated the anthropic principle as well as many others. If Christian ... Read full review
Best overall overview of Christian apologeticsUser Review - cetcougar - Christianbook.com
This one small book has more information across the whole scope of Christian apologetics than any book I've seen. It is also written and illustrated in such a way as to be appealing and easy to read ... Read full review