Elsevier Health Sciences
, Nov 1, 2012
- 2564 pages
Unequalled in scope, depth, and clinical precision, Retina, 5th Edition keeps you at the forefront of today’s new technologies, surgical approaches, and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Comprehensively updated to reflect everything you need to know regarding retinal diagnosis, treatment, development, structure, function, and pathophysiology, this monumental ophthalmology reference work equips you with expert answers to virtually any question you may face in practice.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Examine and evaluate the newest diagnostic technologies and approaches that are changing the management of retinal disease, including future technologies which will soon become the standard.
- Put the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques to work in your practice.
- Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed editor Dr. Stephen Ryan, five expert co-editors, and a truly global perspective from 358 other world authorities across Europe, Asia, Australasia, and the Americas.
- Make the best use of new technologies with expanded and updated coverage of optical coherence tomography (OCT), fundus imaging, and autofluorescence imaging.
- Apply the latest knowledge on anti-VEGF therapy for age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and vein disease.
- Learn about artificial vision, drug delivery to the posterior segment, advances in macular surgery, vitrectomy, and complex retinal detachment, with updates on tumors, retinal genetics, cell biology, important basic science topics, and much more.
- Get the most out of new pharmacologic approaches in the management of age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- In your practice, diagnostic evaluations, and now even treatments, will be influenced by recent scientific discoveries such as in the areas of nanotechnology, neuro protection, stem cells and gene therapy, among other scientific contributions.
- View videos of surgical procedures and access the complete contents of Retina, 5th Edition online at www.expertconsult.com, fully searchable, with regular updates and a downloadable image gallery.