The Healing Powers of Chocolate
DISCOVER THE AMAZING POWERS OF CHOCOLATE!
Did you know?. . .
• Known as Mother Nature's "food of the gods," the medicinal benefits of chocolate were recognized as far back as 4000 years ago.
• Eating chocolate can help boost the immune system, lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes—even obesity!—and increase lifespan.
• A 1.5 ounce bar of quality chocolate has as much antioxidant power as a 5 ounce glass of wine—without the side effects of alcohol.
• Chocolate is chock-full of mood-enhancing ingredients, including phenylethylamine (the "love drug") and serotonin.
• Chocolate can relieve a host of ailments, including depression, fatigue, pain and PMS, as well as rev up your sex drive!
Drawing on the latest scientific research as well as interviews with medical doctors and chocolatiers, this fascinating book reveals how to live longer and healthier while indulging in one of nature's most decadent and versatile foods. Explore real chocolate (infused with fruits, herbs, and spices), Mediterranean-style, heart-healthy recipes, plus home remedies that combat everything from acne to anxiety. You'll also discover rejuvenating beauty and anti-aging spa treatments—all made with antioxidant-rich chocolate!
"Can dark chocolate boost brain power? This book shows you how regular intake of antioxidant-rich cacao foods is likely to do just that, and more."
--Ray Sahelian, M.D., author of Mind Boosters
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - johnnyapollo - LibraryThing
I finally got around to giving this book my attention - I was actually disappointed, as I was hoping for some real evidence to support my chocolate addiction ;) - instead I found a collection of facts ... Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - ekl1773 - LibraryThing
Not exactly stellar writing or a wildly innovative approach, but informational enough. The section on chocolate-based cures was a bit of a joke: almost every ailment was remedied with 2 oz dark ... Read full review