In-depth and comprehensive, this official RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to administer Windows 7 in the enterprise. You get authoritative technical guidance from those who know the technology best—Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) and the Windows 7 Team—along with hundreds of scripts and other essential resources on CD.
Get expert guidance on how to:
- Apply best practices for using Microsoft Deployment Toolk
- Plan user-state migration; test application compatibility; manage update Manage Group Policy Objects using Windows PowerShell
- Administer Windows Firewall and Windows BitLocker
- Implement Ipsec, IPv6, wireless, and VPN connectivity
- Install and configure printers, devices, and services
- Manage disks, file systems, storage, and data security
- Administer search and indexing with Group Policy
- Diagnose and resolve startup, hardware, and networking issue
- Nearly 200 Windows PowerShell scripts created specifically for this book—customize to administer your environment
- Windows 7 Resource Kit PowerShell Pack—700 cmdlets and functions to extend Windows in-box functionality
- Links to author Web sites
- Sample chapters from Microsoft Press books
- Fully searchable eBook
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.