VRML 2.0 Sourcebook
THE BEST BOOK AVAILABLE ON VRML
FROM THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT
It took a team of experts from SDSC (the San Diego Supercomputer Center) to write the most authoritative and comprehensive guide available for creating 3-D virtual worlds on the Internet with VRML. Focusing on step-by-step guidance and insider tips and tricks, this task-oriented guide contains everything you need to make optimum use of this new technology. Totally rewritten for Version 2.0, this book explains:
* How to design complex objects for your virtual world using VRML
* How to use special lighting, viewpoints, and professional graphics techniques to create extremely realistic worlds
* How to animate objects in and write scripts for your 3-D world with behaviors.
Packed with fascinating and instructive examples, diagrams, and screen captures, VRML 2.0 Sourcebook is an invaluable technical resource for professional developers and hobbyists alike.
* All the code for the VRML objects and worlds in the book
* Textures and VRML objects that can be used to create more realistic VRML worlds
* VRML Web browsers, authoring tools, and graphic manipulation tools
* Additional VRML worlds not in the book
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Building and Grouping Predefined Shapes
24 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
angle animation appearance Appearance automatically axis Background bottom build built changed Chapter color column computed cone contains continues coordinate index coordinate system create cross section Cylinder default value defined describe diffuseColor direction discussed edge effect enables event eventin eventOut example exposed field face FALSE field specifies field value Figure fractional geometry height implied indicates Inline instance interface interpolator light mapped material Material Material node moves node node's normal orientation origin output placed position program script radius range rotation ROUTE scale sending sensed sensor SFBool shaded shape shown shows sides sound sphere spine square stack stop Table texture coordinates texture image Transform Transform node translation transparency TRUE turn typically units viewer VRML browser VRML V2.0 utf8