Soil Erosion and Conservation
provides a comprehensivetreatment of the processes of soil erosion, the methods that can beused for their control, and the issues involved in designing andimplementing soil conservation programmes.
Features of the third edition of this internationally recognisedtextbook include:
- New material on gully erosion, tillage practices, erosion riskassessment, use of erosion models, incentives for farmers and landusers, and community approaches to erosion control
- Updated sections on the mechanics of wind erosion, soilerodibility, use of vegetation in erosion control, traditional soilconservation measures, socio-economic issues and the role ofgovernment
- Describes the methods used to assess the risk of erosion andpredict rates of soil loss
- Outlines the social, economic, political and institutionalconstraints on implementing soil protection measures
- Covers erosion and its control for agriculture, grazing,forestry, mining land, road banks, pipeline corridors andrecreation
- Provides worldwide coverage of the success and failure oferosion control using material from Europe, Africa, Australia,America and Asia
An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Pleasecontact our Higher Education team at ahref="mailto:HigherEducation@wiley.com"HigherEducation@wiley.com/afor more information.