Ecoholic Home: The Greenest, Cleanest and Most Energy-efficient Information Under One (Canadian) Roof
This highly anticipated follow-up to the massively successful Ecoholic focuses on the home as the mainstay of sustainable living.
Our resident Ecoholic comes to the rescue again, offering reminders and tips on how to keep your castle (however humble) clean, energy-efficient and healthy. We spend so much time at home — why not make it a sustainable haven instead of a polluting, off-gassing cesspool? Ecoholic Home addresses the green side of the economic crisis, and includes a resource guide for finding designers and contractors, and for renovating and shopping green.
• Cleaning: product comparisons, disposal reminders, laundry tips
• Cooking: avoiding Teflon, omitting Bisphenol A, reducing packaging
• Powering: green energy (solar and geothermal), bundling (Bullfrog)
• Maintaining: dehumidifiers, lighting options, ice removers
• Renovating: buying energy-efficient appliances, choosing environmentally friendly building materials, insulating your home
• Moving: LEED-certified homes, “greening” your first apartment