Elsevier Health Sciences
, Sep 22, 2012
- 1570 pages
Apply the latest vaccination knowledge with a reference that Bill Gates calls "an indispensable guide to the enhancement of the well-being of our world." Inside Vaccines, you’ll find comprehensive and current coverage of every aspect of vaccination, from the development of each vaccine to its use in reducing disease. This medical reference book offers the expert information you need to apply the very latest techniques and information in your practice!
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Gain a complete understanding of each disease, including clinical characteristics, microbiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as epidemiology and public health and regulatory issues.
- Update your knowledge of both existing vaccines and vaccines currently in the research and development stage.
- Get complete answers on each vaccine, including its stability, immunogenicity, efficacy, duration of immunity, adverse events, indications, contraindications, precautions, administration with other vaccines, and disease-control strategies.
- Analyze the cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness of different vaccine options.
- Clearly visualize concepts and objective data through an abundance of tables and figures.
- Make optimal use of the latest vaccines for pneumococcal disease, rotavirus, human papillomavirus, herpes zoster, meningococcal disease, and much more.
- Stay at the forefront of new developments with completely updated chapters on malaria and HIV vaccines, a new chapter on vaccine regulations across the world, and many other revisions throughout.