Space and Astronomy: Decade by Decade
- A general foreword/introduction by a notable figure in each discipline
- One chapter for each decade, including its own introduction and conclusion
- A final conclusion that looks at likely trends in the 21st century
- Biographic sidebars of famous scientists
- Approximately 50 line illustrations and 50 photographs
- Chronologies of key events (Nobel Prizes, great discoveries, and more)
- Glossary, index, and other back matter.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
Accessed on August Accessed on March altitude American Apollo April asteroid astronauts astronomers Astrophysical Available online Baade big bang Braun brightness Bruce Medal capsule Carl Sagan Cepheid Cepheid variables clusters comet cosmonauts crew decade December discovered discovery distance Earth Eddington elements energy engines flight Fred Hoyle Further Reading galaxies German giant Gilruth Goddard gravity Harlow Shapley Heber Curtis Hoyle Hubble Hubble’s hydrogen Infobase Publishing July June Jupiter Korolev launched Lowell Lowell’s lunar Mars mass miles Milky million mission module Moon Mount Wilson NASA nebulae neutron November observations Observatory October orbit Peenemünde Percival Lowell planetary planets quasar radiation radio sources Robert Goddard rocket rotation Russell Russian Sagan Salyut satellite Saturn scientists Sergei Sergei Korolev Shapley showed solar system Soviet Soyuz space shuttle space station spacecraft spacewalk spectra stars stellar supernovae telescope temperature theory universe Venus Wernher von Braun Yerkes Observatory