History of Michigan, Volume 4

Front Cover
Lewis Publishing Company, 1915 - Alcona County (Mich.) - 2297 pages
0 Reviews
 

What people are saying - Write a review

We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.

Other editions - View all

Common terms and phrases

Popular passages

Page 2163 - J as a member of the Knights of Pythias and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and his religious connection is with the Episcopal church.
Page 1848 - In 1889 he entered the Law Department of the University of Michigan from which he was graduated in 1891.
Page 2119 - Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, and is also identified with the Knights of Pythias and the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks.
Page 2025 - College, where he was graduated with the degree of Doctor of Medicine in 1897.
Page 2231 - BARNES was a native of the State of New York, where he was born in 1824, a son of John and Anna (Abbott) Barnes.
Page 2037 - He is affiliated with the Knights of Pythias and the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, and his wife has membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Eastern Star at Bedford.
Page 2113 - I^apeer high school, was a student one year in the literary department of the state university, spent a year in employment in Alabama, and this was followed by three years in the law department of the University of Michigan, until graduating with the class of 1899. His practice began as a member of the law firm of White, Loughnane & Cramton at Lapeer, and his practice with that firm and later with the firm of White & Cramton continued till 1905. He was assistant prosecuting attorney during two terms....
Page 2126 - He is affiliated with the Masonic fraternity and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and both he and his wife are zealous members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South.
Page 1773 - County Medical Society, the Michigan State Medical Society and the American Medical Association, and maintains an active interest in civic affairs ; and Whereas, The life of Dr.
Page 1974 - Division. He received his honorable discharge in February, 1899. In 1911 he was appointed first lieutenant of the Medical Reserve Corps of the United States Army by President Taft.

Bibliographic information