Virtue and Vice, Moral and Epistemic
presents a series ofessays by leading ethicists and epistemologists who offer thelatest thinking on the moral and intellectual virtues and vices,the structure of virtue theory, and the connections between virtueand emotion.
- Cuts across two fields of philosophical inquiry by featuring adual focus on ethics and epistemology
- Features cutting-edge work on the moral and intellectualvirtues and vices, the structure of virtue theory, and theconnections between virtue and emotion
- Presents a radical new moral theory that makes exemplars thefoundation of ethics; and new theories of epistemic vices such asepistemic malevolence and epistemic self-indulgence
- Represents one of the few collections to address both the moralvirtues and the epistemic virtues
- Explores a new approach in epistemology - virtue epistemology -which emphasizes the importance of intellectual charactertraits