Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer Antinomians appointed army Articles of Confederation Assembly authority Bellingham Body of Liberties Boston Brownists called cause Chap church civil Coddington Coll Colony command commission Commissioners common comp Confederacy confederation Conn Connecticut Cotton Council Court Cromwell D'Aulnay Defence Deputies desired Dutch ecclesiastical elders election Eliot England English favor freemen friends Gorton Governor Hartford hath Haven Hazard Hist House hundred Hutch Hypocrisie Unmasked Ibid Independents Indians John John Winthrop jurisdiction King land letter London Long Parliament Lord Magistrates Mass Massachu Massachusetts meeting ment Miantonomo ministers N. H. Rec Narragansett Narragansett Bay natives New-England Ninigret occasion officers Parliament party patent Pequot persons Plaine Dealing plantations Plym Plymouth pounds Presbyterian present proceedings Providence R. I. Rec Records religious respect Rhode Island sachem Samuel Gorton sent settlement setts Synod tion took town Uncas unto vessel vote Williams Winslow Winthrop
262. oldal - It is therefore ordered, that every township in this jurisdiction, after the Lord hath increased them to the number of fifty householders, shall then forthwith appoint one within their town to teach all such children as shall resort to him to write and read...
263. oldal - Lord hath increased them to the number of fifty householders, shall then forthwith appoint one within their town to teach all such children as shall resort to him, to write and read, whose wages shall be paid, either by the parents or masters of such children, or by the inhabitants in general, by way of supply, as the major part of those that order the prudentials of the town shall appoint...
258. oldal - The other kind of liberty I call civil or federal; it may also be termed moral, in reference to the covenant between God and man in the moral law, and the politic covenants and constitutions amongst men themselves. This liberty is the proper end and object of authority, and cannot subsist without it; and it is a liberty to that only which is good, just, and honest.
25. oldal - Then read Baruch in the book the words of Jeremiah in the house of the Lord, in the chamber of Gemariah the son of Shaphan the scribe, in the higher court, at the entry of the new gate of the Lord's house, in the ears of all the people.
86. oldal - CHURCH GOVERNMENT and Church Covenant discussed, in an answer of the Elders of the several Churches in New-England to two and thirty questions, sent over to them by divers Ministers in England, to declare their judgements therein.
262. oldal - It being one chief project of that old deluder, Satan, to keep men from the knowledge of the Scriptures, as in former times, keeping them in an unknown tongue, so in these latter times, by persuading from the use of tongues...
263. oldal - And it is further ordered, that when any town shall increase to the number of one hundred families or householders, they shall set up a grammar school, the master thereof being able to instruct youth so far as they may be fitted for the University ; provided, that if any town neglect the performance hereof above one year, that every such town shall pay five pounds to the next school till they shall perform this order.
257. oldal - The covenant between you and us is the oath you have taken of us, which is to this purpose that we shall govern you and judge your causes by the rules of God's laws and our own, according to our best skill.
505. oldal - Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
346. oldal - Forasmuch as experience hath plentifully and often proved that since the first rising of the Anabaptists, about one hundred years since, they have been the incendiaries of the commonwealths, and the infectors of persons in main matters of religion, and the troublers of churches in all places where they have been...