Guide to a Healthy Cat
Authoritative, easy-to-follow guidance in giving your cat the best possible care
Written by the former president of the Academy of Feline Medicine and the proprietor of a feline-only veterinary clinic, Guide to a Healthy Cat is the definitive guide to feline well-being. Dr. Elaine Wexler-Mitchell provides the most up-to-date information about cat health, including vaccine recommendations, new therapeutic diets, and the latest treatments for kidney disease. You'll find everything you need to know about raising a kitten, feeding the finicky feline, grooming for good health, caring for a senior cat, and keeping peace in a multi-cat home. From the scoop on litter boxes to the keys to feline mental health, this user-friendly guide is packed with plain-English explanations and advice to help keep your cat healthy, including:
* A thorough discussion of feline disease-how to combat it and manage it
* The latest on proper nutrition and the best foods for your cat
* Sensible, practical advice on keeping your cat safe from household dangers
* Chapters on how to tell if your cat is sick and whether it's an emergency; what the most common veterinary diagnostic tests are and what the results mean; and what items in your medicine cabinet are safe to give to your cat-and which ones are not
* Information on what you can catch from your cat and how to control allergies to cats
* The latest developments in keeping cats flea-free
* A glossary of veterinary and cat terms
Guide to a Healthy Cat gives you all the knowledge and tools you need to understand your cat and his or her health needs-and provide the best care.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.