Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
What people are saying - Write a review
Agreed. This book is garbage, full of typos, and outdated to the point that many of the examples don't even work when tried. I have spent more time in this course trying to learn by fixing then I really wanted. On the plus side I seem to have become quite a master diagnoser of errors out of necessity.
The authors of this book are completely oblivious of how to write or how to teach. I tried to donate my copy to Harvard, Yale, and Standford for them to use in their fireplace, and they were afraid just having it on campus would suck the intelligence from their students.
1. This book has the smallest index of any book ever published having over 700 pages.
2. This version of the book has a 2 star rating on Amazon and the newer version has a 1 star rating.
3. I have to wonder if the author tried to set a world record for the amount of typos in a book.
4. There is a complete disconnect between what they teach you and what knowledge you need to complete the assignments.
5. The techniques they teach are not used in the real world, and people would look at you like your nuts if you coded this way on one of their projects.