Although self-inference processes -- the ways individuals make judgments about themselves -- have been studied in social psychology and sociology for many years, a distinct literature on this topic has not emerged due to the diversity of relevant issues. The editors of this current volume cull recent social psychological research and theory on self-inference processes and identify some of the common themes in this area of study.
The specific topics covered in this volume include:
` how people infer their emotions, personality traits, and body images from relevant information
* factors influencing the self-concept, identity, and self-standards
* the impact of self-inferences on interpersonal relations
* conditions motivating escape from the self
The book is written for researchers and graduate level students in clinical, social, developmental, health, and personality psychology.
What people are saying - Write a review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
Need to lose weight?
How to lose weight fast ?
How to lose weight in a week ? And now ... read my successful story here
Some excerpts from my diary:
- knee replacement exercise
- exercise nutrition sports
- education material nutrition
- atkins diet research journals
- center for womens health weight loss virginia
- exercise care fitness personal equipment and abdominal