Completely revised and updated in its fifth edition, A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics
is the standard single-volume reference for its field.
- Incorporates new words or senses that have developed in linguistics during the past 5 years, based on recommendations from a team of experts.
- Includes increased coverage of terms arising from recent theoretical formalizations.
- Contains a separate table of abbreviations and table of symbols at the end of the book.
- Remains the standard single-volume reference for the field of linguistics and phonetics.
- Fifth edition now includes more than 5,000 terms.