Google For Dummies
* Google is the world's most popular search engine, with more than 150 million queries per day and more than fourteen million users per week
* Author Brad Hill, frequently consulted in media coverage of the Internet, will take readers "under the hood"
* Illuminates dozens of packaged Google tools that significantly extend Web searching
* Enables more technical readers to install and use the Google API to develop Web querying capabilities for their own programs
* Includes extensive coverage of Blogger, the popular Web log service recently acquired by Google
What people are saying - Write a review
Some of these dummies authors discuss how these books are not necessarily intended to be read cover to cover, but reading cover to cover is my way of doing, thus it is exactly what I did. A fine book to read cover to cover, too. Dummies books, though all accessible and usually easy to read, vary in degree of sense of humor. Brad Hill excels in this regard. His sense of humor made the text more enjoyable, without detracting from the book’s informative focus. In fact, his humor and personality made the book all the more informative. He laid out the material in a step by step fashion which makes it is easy to apply. The frequent pictures of computer screens using Google enhanced my understanding, and can work well when one reads the book without a computer in reach. Search engines are great to learn about, when written by a hand as skilled as Brad Hill’s.
Discovering All That Google Can Do
Better Googling Finding the Right Stuff
36 other sections not shown