Leadership in the workplace, says Max DePree, is like playing jazz; it's more an art than a science. Today's successful managers are attuned to the needs and ideas of their followers and even step aside at times to be followers themselves. As a result, they spark vitality and productivity from their work force. They culivate communication and spontaneity, diversity and creativity, and the unique potential of every person in the organization to contribute to the success of the team. In Leadership Jazz you'll learn
-How to hold people accountable but still give them space to make mistakes.
- How to balance the needs of your employees with those of the company.
- How to inspire change and innovation and maintain a sense of stability.
- How to practice the art of delegation.
- How to work constructively with creative people.
- How to assess candidates for senior positions.
- And much more!
What people are saying - Write a review
Leadership jazzUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
William Blake said "Great things are done, when men and mountains meet,'' and this certainly holds true for De Pree's latest "mountain-top'' musings on leadership. Following his earlier principle ... Read full review
Other editions - View all
Leadership Jazz - Revised Edition: The Essential Elements of a Great Leader
Max De Pree
Limited preview - 2008