This is the third edition of Peter Jarvis' classic textbook, Adult and Continuing Education, which established itself as the most widely used and respected book about education for adults today. In this new edition, the author has made extensive revisions and included substantial additional material to take account of the many changes that have occurred in the field of adult education.
Additional and updated material in this much-anticipated new edition includes:
- a discussion on both globalisation and Europeanisation, indicating the pressures that have been exerted on the educational system to change
- a greater emphasis on lifelong education, lifelong learning and society
- an extended discussion on the theorists of distance education and introductory material on
- e-learning and on-line learning
an updated look at changes in UK policy and European policy documents
- new material on the relationship between research, learning and the changing approaches to knowledge, with more emphasis placed on action learning and research.