Finite Mathematics, Student Solutions Manual: An Applied Approach
Making math relevant to the real world The eighth edition lives up to its reputation as a clearly written, comprehensive finite mathematics text. Students will find a greater emphasis on real-world applications from the fields of business and social sciences, making the material relevant to their studies. From the increased use of boxed formulas to informative explanations of examples, Mizrahi and Sullivan make this edition even more accessible to students. Hallmark features
* The comprehensive and readable coverage has received praise through seven editions.
* The text is flexibly organized. A flowchart in the preface shows instructors how to sequence chapters to meet specific needs.
* Well-graded exercise sets at the end of each section help students gain a better understanding of the material.
* End-of-chapter study questions for review include true/false and fill-in-the-blank questions with answers.
* An abundance of realistic examples are provided that gradually increase in difficulty to develop conceptual understanding.
* Mathematical questions from CPA, CMA, and actuary exams show students the relevance of the material.
Also available by Mizrahi and Sullivan: Mathematics: an Applied Approach,7/E (0-471-32203-2)
39 pages matching Solve in this book
Results 1-3 of 39
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
r TFll _
Systems of Linear Equations Matrices
11 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
assumption that S(k bounded with corner BV _P BV P x1 BVP xl x2 chooses column chooses row comer point constraints are imposed Contrapositive cost Deﬁne dollars Dual problem equation Eulerian circuit expected number expected value ﬁnd ﬁrst row Frequency gambler game is strictly graph Intercepts invested junk bonds Let x represent Markov chain maximize maximum proﬁt maximum value median minimum problem number of units Outcome P(E n F payoff Player I chooses Point-slope form pounds probability vector real number region described represent the number respectively Review Exercises Review True row-echelon form s1 s2 RHS s2 s3 RHS s3 RHS BV s3 s4 RHS satisﬁed Show that S(k sl s2 s3 slack variables slope slope-intercept form Solve standard form strictly determined Technology Exercises transition matrix Treasury bills vertex x2 x3 sl x3 represent x3 sl s2 xI x2 xl x2 x3 y-intercept z-value