The Female Brain
Every brain begins as a female brain. It only becomes male eight weeks after conception, when excess testosterone shrinks the communications center, reduces the hearing cortex, and makes the part of the brain that processes sex twice as large.
Louann Brizendine, M.D. is a pioneering neuropsychiatrist who brings together the latest findings to show how the unique structure of the female brain determines how women think, what they value, how they communicate, and whom they’ll love. Brizendine reveals the neurological explanations behind why
• A woman remembers fights that a man insists never happened
• A teen girl is so obsessed with her looks and talking on the phone
• Thoughts about sex enter a woman’s brain once every couple of days but enter a man’s brain about once every minute
• A woman knows what people are feeling, while a man can’t spot an emotion unless somebody cries or threatens bodily harm
• A woman over 50 is more likely to initiate divorce than a man
Women will come away from this book knowing that they have a lean, mean communicating machine. Men will develop a serious case of brain envy.
From the Hardcover edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
The Female BrainUser Review - 2rose - Overstock.com
This book is excellent! I wish it had been written when I was still in my teens. I would recommend this book for both men and women. It is an easy read yet informative. If you have daughters ... Read full review
The Female BrainUser Review - leftcoastoracle - Overstock.com
I was very disappointed in this book.Instead of offering imperical evidence she sites anecdotes that provide interesting stories but do nothing to support much less prove her contention that gender ... Read full review
Other editions - View all
Differentiation Through Learning Styles and Memory
No preview available - 2008
The Sexual Paradox: Men, Women and the Real Gender Gap
Limited preview - 2008