Creative Approaches to Problem Solving: A Framework for Innovation and Change
SAGE, 2011 - Business & Economics - 292 pages
Creative Approaches to Problem Solving (CAPS) is a comprehensive text covering the well-known, cited, and used system for problem solving and creativity known as Creative Problem Solving (CPS). CPS is a flexible system used to help individuals and groups solve problems, manage change, and deliver innovation. It provides a framework, language, guidelines, and set of easy-to-use tools for understanding challenges, generating ideas and transforming promising ideas into action.
Features and Benefits:
- Specific objectives in each chapter for the reader - This provides a clear focus for instruction or independent learning
- Practical case study introduced in the beginning of each chapter and then completed as a "rest of the story" toward the end of the chapter - This feature provides an application anchor for the reader
- Upgraded mix of graphics - These updated and refreshed graphics include tables, figures, and illustrative images that are designed to provide "pictures" to go along with the word. The aim has been to aid attention, retention, and practical application
- Enhanced emphasis on flexible, dynamic process-- Enables users to select and apply CPS tools, components, and stages in a meaningful way that meets their actual needs
- A framework for problem solving that has been tested and applied across ages, settings, and cultures-- Readers can apply a common approach to process across many traditional "boundaries" that have limited effectives.
Creative Approaches to Problem Solving has been (and continues to be) used as a core text for faculty who are teaching courses in Creative Problem Solving or Creativity and Innovation as part of an MBA program, or in Education, a course on Creativity (often as a component of certification or endorsement requirements in gifted education). It is also used as a core text for those enrolled in professional development, continuing education, or executive education programmes.
What people are saying - Write a review
Creative Approaches to Problem Solving
Creative Problem Solving
Understanding the Challenge
Preparing for Action
PlanningYour Approach to CPS
People as Creative Problem Solvers
The Context for CPS