Get all the essential information you need to effectively treat and manage patients in a complex acute care setting with Acute Care Handbook for Physical Therapists, 5th Edition. This easy-to-follow guide is the perfect resource to help any rehabilitation professional better understand and interpret hospital protocol, safety, medical-surgical "lingo," and the many aspects of patient care in the hospital setting — from the emergency department to the intensive care unit to the general ward. And with extensively updated content reflecting the latest evidence-based information, this new fifth edition contains everything you need to succeed in today’s fast-paced acute care environment.
- Evidenced-based information is woven throughout the guide to ensure you are equipped with the proven knowledge needed to manage the acuity of patients in the hospital environment.
- Up-to-date content on medications, laboratory tests, diagnostics, and intervention methods that is relevant to patients in the acute care environment helps you gain insight on how these aspects are affected by the acute care setting.
- Easy-to-read algorithms, tables, boxes, and clinical tips highlight key information and makes finding and understanding information easier.
- NEW! Revised content throughout the text reflects the latest information on the complex and fast-paced acute care setting.
- NEW! Expanded chapters on outcome measures, mechanical circulatory support, and chest pain.
- NEW! Redesigned airway clearance chapter.
- NEW! Reformatted nervous system chapter to enhance clinical integration of content.
- NEW! Enhanced access to information on lines and tubes.