- A great resource for reports on animals.
- A complete glossary of important words to know is included, and key words appear in boldface in the text for easy reference.
- Meets Reading First: initiative.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-4 Science Standards
- C-1. The Charateristics of Organisms: a. Organisms have basic needs.
- C-2. Life Cycle of Organisms: a. Plants and animals have life cycles that include being born, developing into adults, reproducing, and eventually dying.
- C-3. Organisms and the Environment: c. All organisms cause changes in the environments where they live.
4 pages matching pounds in this book
Results 1-3 of 4
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Bears of the Frozen North
The Seal Hunters
3 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
12 inches adapted Alaska Zoo animal that hunts Arctic ice bear from slipping bear in Canada bear warm blubber bottom breathe air breathing hole brown bears capture a seal Change slowly claws cold cubs drink digs drink their mother's Earth's climate female polar bear Global warming gradual warming Greenland grip the iCe guard hairs hairs that repel huge hunt seals iCe and keep ice is melt ice to hunt inches 30 cm keep the bear keep the polar layer of fat leads her cubs male polar bear mammals mating mother bear leads mother's milk National Geographic Norway nose olar papillae polar bear cubs polar bear's body Polar bears hunt Polar bears walk pounds predator repel water Scientists sea ice seal pops short tail Siberian tiger small ears snowdrift Street NW Washington summer survive thick layer tiny bumps toes warming of Earth's weigh Wildlife winter